With summer in full swing, there are no lack of adventures to choose from in Oregon Wine Country. Vineyards and tasting rooms alike– from one end of The Willamette Valley to the other –will be hosting special events, so it’s a great time to stay at The Independence. We’ve put together a list of our options and all are nearby the hotel. But spots fill up fast in the summer, so make sure to book your reservations ahead of time so you don’t miss out on the fun!
Wine Events Near The Independence in August – Mark your Calendar
at Eola Hills
(Every Sunday of the Month)
- Guided tours that take guests through the most scenic paths of the Willamette Valley, stopping for wine on the way.
- The day ends with a BBQ dinner.
- Accessible to cyclists of all abilities, with both short and long loops available, ranging from beginner to advanced.
- Check out the website for the routes and levels of each Sunday ride.
(Every Friday of the month)
- Is there anything better than eating pizza and drinking wine underneath a beautiful Savannah tree? How about adding some live music? That’s exactly what Left Coasts’ “Friday After Hours” provides.
- 4:30-7:30pm every Friday for the month of August
(Every Sunday of the month)
- Enjoy picnics and live jazz music by the pond at Airlie Winery.
- Wine is available to purchase by glass or bottle.
- New Band each week (Fionnghal, a celtic band pictured), playing from 5-8pm.
(Every Sunday of the month)
- Every Sunday check out the live music at Redgate Winery (2-4pm).
- Dancing is encouraged (and you know what helps your dancing? Wine!)
- Pizza and/or other local bites are available for purchase
Participate in the Oak Savannah Restoration Project and enjoy the outdoors at the same time.
- Running paths will typically follow gravel roads or side paths with the occasional paved road portion.
- No worries if you’re not a runner, you can walk instead!
- 100% of proceeds from the event go toward the Oak Savannah Restoration Project.
- Various lengths and difficulty levels are offered.
- Wine tasting, music, and awards are held afterwards at Left Coast Estate
Ever wanted to camp at a winery? Now you can!
- The event begins the night of August 7th and extends through breakfast on the morning of the 8th.
- Your ticket includes live music on the night of the 7th, and there is BBQ dinner available for purchase.
- Stargaze all night across the moonless sky with the Perseid Meteor shower nearing its peak.
- Breakfast is served the following morning. (Pancakes anyone?)
(August 14th and 27th)
- Taste local wine and cut magnificent blossoms while learning about the local flora of the PNW.
- Tour the cutting gardens and choose your own blooms.
- Watch the sunset and participate (or not) in a simple design class for beginners, creating your own floral art to take home.
- Along with wine, small bites are available
- This mid-week celebration honors all things banana splits, demonstrating that even the classiest of establishments are never too cool for ice cream!
- Build your own banana split, filling it to your heart’s content with the endless toppings provided for you.
- Event starts at 11am and finishes around 5.
- And remember, as the website says, “Wine pairs well with everything!”
- Owners and Banana Split lovers pictured to the right
- Get to know the winemaking community at the celebration of the “Global Changemakers of Oregon.”
- Light appetizers and wine will be available via Global PDX, as well as the superb menu from STOMP, the Croft Vineyards tasting room.
- Interested in what they mean by “change makers?” Only one way to find out!
- RSVP is required for this event.
Summer in Wine Country is delightful, with the long days, the warm weather and so many events and activites to keep you busy. The Independence is the perfect hub for checking out the live music and other events at wineries throughout August. Hey, make it a wine weekend and book one of our wine focused packages.