Looking for some quality hang-time with your besties? Summon the squad! We are here for you and your squad with our new “Indy Squad Suite”, designed specifically for groups.
Perfect for a weekend with the girls, or a reunion of old friends! Come to The Independence and stay together in our newly constructed “Indy Squad Room.” With room for up to 6 people, revisit the fun and laughter of childhood sleepovers with the added adult bonus of world world-class wine. We have listed one possible itinerary below, but the possibilities are endless!
Spacious suite with a large TV that connects easily to laptops for sharing pictures and videos, or watching movies, and a great table for games, or just hang-time.
Seriously comfortable bunks and cozy sectional couch
4pm: Check into the hotel.
6pm: Try a tasting flight at Croft Vineyards’ tasting room, STOMP.
- Family-run winery
- Organically grown grapes
- Tasting room used to be a 1940s dance hall!
- Pizzas, small plates, and desserts are all available.
- Sourcing local and seasonal ingredients for all food is a top priority.
- Outdoor deck provides stunning views of the world famous Willamette Valley.
- Seating on the deck allows kids as well as your four-legged friends.
- Croft believes in the power of bringing people together through food and (of course) wine!
Visit one or several of the nearby wineries. Need help planning? Just let us know, we will put together a one-of-a-kind itinerary tailored to your group.
7:30pm: Return to the hotel in order to soak in our custom-designed hot tub, and let the heat soothe the worries of the outside world away.
- Shower provided for pre and post-soak.
- Large windows make the space feel open and limitless.
- Reserve your PRIVATE time slot ahead of time.
8:30pm: Indulge in some rooftop dessert
- The Independence’s restaurant, Territory, is back open for business!
- Order some dessert to go and take it up to the rooftop bar where you can laugh the night away under the stars.
The rooftop is the perfect backdrop for catching up! Stay cozy by the fire and take in the views, until the stars come out.
9pm: Feel like more? Order any late night snack cravings from Crush Wine Bar’s to-go menu and have it delivered right to the squad room.
- Beer, wine, and Mimosa kits (that’s right y’all, MIMOSA KITS, including a design your own) can all be delivered to the hotel.
- Nothing beats late night Spinach and Artichoke dip or Bruschetta
- Band together as you finish the night with a scary movie or 80’s rom-com in your room, playing games till dawn, or having a squad dance party until you can’t keep your eyes open anymore.
Order from the late night menu at Crush, or we can arrange for a charcuterie board to be ready for you in your room when you check in. With a full-size refridgerator and temperature controlled wine-cooler, there’s room to stock up for your stay!
11am: Exit the hotel and Walk 5 minutes to Jubilee Champagne and Dessert Bar for a Saturday morning brunch!
- From Salmon plates, quiches, and Belgian Waffles, to Bennies, and various plays on avocado toast, there’s something here for everyone.
- We personally recommend the Brunch Board, which the website describes as “very sharable,” but we won’t judge if you want a whole board for yourself.
- Top it off with one of their signature cocktails, like the Sparkling Mojito or Earl Grey Spritzer.
- Pick up some sweets to go (Note: their cupcakes are divine).
Jubilee is a bright spot on Independence’s Main Street, a favorite among locals and visitors alike.
Known for their cupcakes, desserts and bubbly, Jubilee is also a “go to” for brunch!
12:30pm: Next stop: wine tasting at Airlie.
- Run by all women
- Super dog friendly (so lots of chances to spot the cutest pups in the Valley)
- One of the best flight deals in terms of $$ without sacrificing flavor, production, or farming integrity.
- Peaceful and beautiful surroundings with a view of the pond, wildflowers, and endless green.
- Outside food is allowed, so feel free to enjoy your sweets as your taste!
- Check out our spotlight on Airlie.
Airlie’s tasting room among the vineyards with green for days, is a worthy excursion for any squad.
The beauty of their vineyards is matched with the quality of wine and passion of their team.
3:00pm: Seasonal Activity
- While we all know the main reason to visit the Willamette Valley is wine, there are still so many other sites to see and adventures to experience.
- Float the Willamette River in a kayak or inner tube.
- Travel down the famous Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway.
- Travel less than an hour to Silverton and hike one of the most beautiful natural sites in the state, Silver Falls.
- Whichever activity calls to you, get outside and take in the natural beauty of Oregon.
Bring your kayak, ask us about kayak rentals, or opt to just float on an intertube, the views from the river are stunning.
With 10 unique waterfalls, several that you can walk behind, there are no shortage of “selfie” moments at Silver Falls state park, under an hour’s drive from the hotel.
8pm: Dinner at Territory
- You’ve experienced cheese and dessert to go, but now is the time for a sit down meal.
- Explore the ever-evolving menu at Territory, including one of our signature cocktails.
- Don’t be shy to ask the server for advice if everything sounds good (we know we’ve had to).
10pm: Karaoke at Holland’s Bar and Grill
- If your squad still feels like the night is young, then next up is Karaoke at Holland’s Bar and Grill.
- Where every night is “Karaoke Night.”
- Sing the night away without judgment, knowing you’re on vacation and you won’t be seeing any of these faces at work on Monday.
Midnight: Return to the squad room and compare photos from the trip as you each lounge in your neighboring bunk beds.
* And by bunk bends, we don’t mean the ones you slept on at camp, but elevated, upscale fluffy clouds of comfort.
Territory, on the river, uses fresh, local ingredients and spotlights local wines and craft beer. The perfect setting for a great meal with your crew after a full day of adventuring.
11am: Check out of the hotel, but don’t forget your appetite because this trip isn’t yet done and today is all about food.
11:30: Start your journey on the Great Oaks Food Trail
- A self-guided culinary tour through the heart of the Willamette Valley.
- Can be as long or short as you desire.
- Potential stops include famous restaurants of the area, as well as local farms, coffee houses, chocolate shops, and Champagne bars.
- Each stop is dedicated to organic and sustainable farming practices.
- Simply download one of the maps on their website and make your journey fit your timeline and budget!
- Checkout our previous blog post on the trail.
Crushing it at nearby food trail stop, Crush Wine Bar in Monmouth
The food trail includes several farms with opportunities for u-pick from spring through fall, including peaches, blueberries, strawberries, apples and so much more!
3pm: More wine you say? Very well! Head to your tasting at Cristom Wines.
- We recommend partaking in their summer flight.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views from your private tasting table.
- Their 2018 “Jessie” Pinot Noir was recently awarded 99 points by James Suckling, (if you’re new to wine, that is extremely hard to do) with two other Pinot Noirs scoring almost as high at 96 points.
4pm: Last wine stop (on this trip anyway): A final tasting at Left Coast Estate.
- Wine flights and seasonal fare are both available for purchase.
- Reservations are not required here but are highly recommended.
- Seating is available on the patio, in the tasting room, or outside underneath the Oak Savannahs.
- Left Coast is a family owned and operated business that specializes in sustainable winemaking, as well as a holistic approach to farming. They also dedicate over 100 acres of their property to protecting wildlife habitat.
- If you prefer to only stop at one winery today instead of two, check out the experiences at Left Coast and take your time. Options range from various flights to specialized tastings like “The Sparkling Cave Experience.”
Cristom’s wines are some of the most acclaimed in the Valley, enjoy a flight and take in the views.
Family owned and operated, Left Coast Estate is guided by two principals: a passion for winemaking and a commitment to the land. Both are on full display when you taste their wines and learn about their sustainable practices.
5:30pm: Head to a pretty spot by the river (you can look one up, but we recommend driving until you find a spot that calls to you) and feast on some of the foods you purchased during your time on the Great Oaks Food Trail.
7pm: Head home and start planning your next visit to the Indy Squad Room!