Our Response to Covid-19
At The Independence, the safety and well-being of our guests, our team and our community are what is most important to us. We are open to guests for reservations and we are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our guests and staff safe and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Human connection and a sense of adventure are at the heart of who we are. While this hasn’t changed, the impact of COVID-19 has increased our creativity and resolve and it has made us appreciate even more the strong connection we share with our guests and partners.
Sometimes the only way through a tough situation, is straight through it. While there are still a lot of unknowns about when and how “life as normal” will resume, we are here, and ready to welcome you back!
State and Country Travel Guidance and Restrictions
The Governor and the Oregon Health Authority have provided a framework to reduce the escalation of COVID-19 in Oregon.
At The Independence Hotel, we keep informed on the latest guidance and restrictions that are updated every two weeks.
As of December 3rd, here is a summary of information relevant statewide and for Polk Country:
- All Oregonians and visitors to Oregon are reminded to:
- Wear a mask in public
- Distance 6 ft from others while in public
- Keep gatherings to small groups (6 or less and nor more than two households)
- Wash Hands
- Stay home if sick
- Indoor Dining Prohibited for Bars, Restaurants, Tasting Rooms: limited outdoor dining, take-out, and delivery are allowed.
- Territory, our Restaurant is Closed, but continues to provide excellent “to-go” breakfast options for hotel guests. The front desk can guide you to local restaurants providing take-out, delivery, or outdoor dining.
- Many Willamette Valley Wineries are open for Outdoor Wine Tasting, others are “pick-up only”, for a list of wineries open by County: Willamette Valley Wineries Association.
At The Independence Hotel:
- We remain open to serve you and are committed to your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our team, including contact-less check-in, and robust cleaning procedures.
- We are an essential services provider to businesses and government and are available if it would be helpful to achieve adequate social and physical distancing for your work and family needs.
Cleanliness and Safety Precautions
We have always taken standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. Now, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and our team members.
- Face Coverings: Both our staff and our guests are currently required to wear masks while in-doors. Forgot yours? No worries, we have you covered. Just ask for one at the front desk of the hotel or restaurant.
- Disinfectant: We use the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization.
- Check-in Our main doors are automatic, for a “no-touch” entry and exit, our guestroom keys are sanitized after each guest stay and will be ready for you to pick up at the front desk.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, and public bathrooms. You’ll see hand sanitizing stations near the front desk and elevator lobby.
- Social Distancing: We will be using signage in our lobby and public spaces to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing.
- Guest Rooms: We use enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean guestrooms and doorknobs after each guest departs and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch and deep clean areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more. As always, our linens and towels, including the bed’s top cover, are laundered between each stay. Amenities not easily sanitized, like paper pads will be removed and available per request.
- Fitness Center and Hot Tub: Will be available one party at a time, with reservation to allow for cleaning between each use. Subject to local public health orders and recommendations.
- Food Safety: Our in-house restaurant, Territory is currently open for in-house, patio, and takeout. Our outdoor patio and large dining room allow for distant seating and guests can pick up food to go and enjoy in their rooms or at the adjacent city park. At Territory, food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. We offer made to order breakfast for guests for pick-up or delivery.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our staff work “behind the scenes”, we are employing social distancing protocols and increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas.
- Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: Our team receives daily updates and training on keeping themselves and our guests safe, including: Social distancing, hand washing hygiene, safety protocols and frequent updates on best practices from the CDC and local authorities.
Starting November 18th, 2020, Territory is going into hibernation for the winter.
Due to the statewide closure of in-house dining and the increase in COVID-19 cases, The Territory team has made the difficult decision to close up shop for the next couple of months, to ride out this storm and reopen, full of energy and better than ever, when the time is right.
Territory will continue to provide complimentary made to order breakfast options for our hotel guests, available for pick-up in the lobby. Our breakfast buffet is currently closed.
Long Term Stays
COVID-19 has disrupted the best-made plans and some of us may need to be out of the house for physical distancing, for workspace, or for maintaining sanity.
If you are looking for a longer-term stay, we are offering 20% off for three nights; 25% off for 4 nights; and 30% off for 5 nights or longer.
Please contact us for booking and ask about our suites with more space, full-size refrigerators, and kitchen sinks. In addition to our comforting safety protocols, we are lucky to have multiple, wide riverfront pathways in the park just outside our doors, and a dramatically lower population density in our charming town of Independence.
Give us a call 503-837-0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Card Special Offers
Gift Card Special
Purchase a gift certificate for a future stay and for every $100 that you spend, we will add a $50 credit (redeemable through December 2020).
Wanderlust setting in? We’re pleased to help you plan a “can’t wait to getaway” future adventure with The Independence as your jumping off point.
Give us a call 503-837-0200 or email email@example.com to book.
Gift it Forward
We know that many of our guests want to support the small businesses and workers who contribute so much to the spirit of the Willamette Valley. We also want to give back to those that are working on the front lines through this new “normal”.
So, we are announcing our “Gift it Forward” Gift Card purchase program.
Here’s how it works:
Purchase a gift certificate for a “can’t wait to getaway” stay at The Independence for $150 or more (good through December 2020), and we will contribute a second, hand delivered complimentary night stay certificate – in your name – to a business that is in operation in our community (Independence, Monmouth, Dallas, Salem, or a vineyard, winery, or farm nearby). You can pick the business, or let our staff pick, the choice is yours!
It’s a win, win, win! You have an adventure to look forward to, you are supporting the Valley’s frontline workers and you are supporting your favorite local boutique hotel (that’s us)!
Give us a call 503-837-0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
So much about normal life has been disrupted. For folks looking for a quiet, “socially distant” work space, we have you covered.
Our state-of-the-art, sanitized guestrooms are perfect individual offices for working while distancing.
Every room has:
- High speed internet
- Individual unit outside air circulation
- Desk work space
- Microwave, refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker
- Great views
- 45” flat screen TVs
- Contact-less food delivery to your door
- Easy access to our waterfront trail with wide pathways for safe exercise and fresh air, or visit our rooftop deck for incredible views of the Willamette River.
Book a room for the night with our special “WORKSPACE” code and we will give you a late check out to maximize your work hours, or give us a call 502-837-0200 to discuss office hour booking.
We miss you at The Independence Hotel! Human connection and a sense of adventure are at the heart of who we are, but so is resilience and innovation. While our affinity for human connection hasn’t changed, the way we do it has to adapt and evolve.
In the spirit of human creativity and ingenuity, we’ve boosted our social media with weekly contests and interactive content to help keep you connected and inspired for future visits.